To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Contax G2 confirmed
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 10:24:15 +0100

I was browsing through Compuserve's photography forum last night and I happened
upon the first official confirmation and specification for Contax's G2. As
expected, it has a *much* improved focus system (I made the mistake of buying
one of the first G1s - it was dreadfully inaccurate), but it also gains a faster
winder, better viewfinder, faster top shutter speed and flash sync. And there
are two new lenses out - a 21mm f/2.8 and a 35mm f/2.

The message was posted by Blake Ziegler, who I understand is 'Mr Contax' in the
US, and has been widely credited as the inspiration behind the G1 project. I
reproduce it here in full for any Leicaphiles that may be tempted, with the
thought that if Leica has any aspirations in this area, they had better act
quick.

Here's Blake's posting in full:

Hello Don,

   You're right, the G2 is no longer a rumor!  It's here.  (Well, we will
begin shipments the end of September.