To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: new rangefinder cameras
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 23:19:19 PST

** Reply to note from Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:49:01 +0100

> Does anyone else have any gossip on the new rangefinders, especially any detail
> on what Nikon may be planning?

Anyone remember the strange-looking 35mm rangefinder Bronica proposed in
the early 80s? There's another possibility.

I would hope, also, that Nikon brings out a competitor to the M6. It can
only help keep the prices down on the M6. Or maybe it will blow the M6
away, and cause Leica to do some heavy thinking on updates? Maybe Leica
already knows about it, and that's one reason they're going public to
improve technology and increase R&D as the Financial Times reported?

Rumor center, right here on the Leica list. ;-)

And as Fred noted, a new direction for Leica's ads. And from the sound of
it, about time.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR