To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: recoating, & Minolta mystery camera
From: Jack Campin <jack@purr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 00:09:12 +0000

Who does lens recoating in the UK?

What's involved in the process?  Typically, do they recoat just the front
element without taking the lens apart, or dismantle the thing and recoat
everything?

Second: did the Minolta XK people are talking about here have another
designation for the European market?  While the SRT-series are common
here, I've never heard of that one.  (Now, what I'd really like Minolta
to bring back is the Autocord TLR, or rather a variant with the same
great lens and better mechanical reliability).

jack@purr.demon.co.uk  -  Jack Campin, 2 Haddington Place, Edinburgh EH7 4AE