To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: old aerial photographs
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 13:29:17 -0400

Thank you, Mr Campin, for refreshing my memory of static balloon photography
-- there was a lot of it for military purposes, as well, during the US Civil
War and the Franco-Prussian Debacle.

Let me rephrase my statement:  "To my knowledge, the first photograph taken
from an artifically moving aerostat or aeroplane was that shot by Oskar
Barnack with the Ur-Leica from one of the Zeppelin dirigibles, probably the
Viktoria Luise."

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!