To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: User feedback
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 15:42:00 PDT
Encoding: 22 TEXT

"Admittedly, my requirements may be a little unusual as I spend
a great portion of my shooting time  in the Arctic creating work for
natural resource companies and the like and a large part of that is spent
in winter where the conditions render the AF gear COMPLETELY useless due to
the electronics and build quality.
Minoltas, in this photog's humble opinion are simply not built to last even
"with the professional's experience built in" to quote one of their
infamous slogans.
        It would take me a little more than mere "snob appeal" to shell out
what it takes for a full compliment of Leica gear. The stuff is built like
a tank and acts like it: at -75C in the wind, those M shutters work
perfectly and that's all it takes to keep this boy happy. (larger controls
for heavily gloved hands would be a nice touch, though.)

J. Redfern"

Excellent piece, Mr. Redfern.  This is the kind of user feedback I find most
valuable as opposed to much of the book/second-hand comment which
masquerades as expertise. No small feat.

Thomas

Replies: Reply from Michael Gardner <mikeg@neca.com> (Re: User feedback)