To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Repair News: the value of complaining
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 11:28:27 -0400

Kermit:

As one of those that suggested yo complain, I'm happy to see that you got
some positive results.

Last weekend I mentioned to our area's Leica rep this problem and one other
that was posted here regarding service times and incompetence. All he could
say. of course, is that these things should not occur. He stronglyy
suggested to me that if any such problems occured to me personally that I
should be sure that Leica NJ management be made aware of it immediatly as
they consider excellent servicing to be VITAL to the success of Leica.

kw

>Last week I posted a note about the estimated repair time Leica gave me for
>fixing my R7.  Almost immediately after buying it (new) the rewind lever
>came loose;  I sent it to Leica and received an estimate of 8 weeks to fix
>it.  Several people responded that I should complain and I did.  One who
>responded suggested I talk to Brenda Olesin.  I called her yesterday and
>told her that 8 weeks seemed pretty extreme for tightening the rewind
>lever.  She called back this morning to say they would have it finished and
>in the mail on Monday.   My mild complaining (believe me, it was very mild
>--- I'm much too nice for my own good) saved 7 weeks.
>
>For what it's worth, when I first spoke to Ms. Olesin she said they had
>hired a new technician who would be starting soon and they expected to get
>delivery times back to normal.
>
>Kermit

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>