To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Russar Finders
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 08:36:53 +0200

A Japanese company called Koba builds 2 lenses for Leica-M, 21 and 28 mm.
They are marketed in Europe under the name Kobalux (possibly sold by Adorama
in the USA) and come with separate viewers. I compared the 21 mm viewer once
with the chrome Leitz SBKOO 21 mm viewer that I use with my Elmarit-M 2.8/21
mm and found the Japanese viewer not bad at all. Maybe an alternative solution?

Gerard Captijn,
Geneva, Switzerland.
>The Russians make separate 20mm, 35mm, and 85mm finders;  these are
>frequently available from vendors like Brooklyn Camera and Bob Pins (both of
>whom advertise they currently have them in stock).  I believe Active Camera
>in New York also has some of the 20mm finders.
>
>The Russians also make a reverse clone of the Prewar Zeiss 470 finder -- the
>rotating-telescope job with 28 - 35 - 50 - 85 - 135.  Quite nice -- bright
>and sharp.  And, being reversed, it actually works on a Leica -- this puts
>its optical axis over that of the Leica lens mount.
>
>Marc
>
>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

INTERNET PROVIDER: GROUPE VTX