To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 180mm Apo
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 17:15:29 -0700

At 05:50 PM 8/9/96 +0800, you wrote:
>Is there only one version, optically, of this lens? I have the series 7.5
>version.  I assume the later lenses are have only filter mount changes?

You are right. It's too good to waste money changing it. Even Leica would
have never built it if the Navy hadn't paid for the R&D, or so I hear.

The change is from series 7.5 filter to 60mm. I think it was the first for
that size for Leica. Now there are several M and R lenses that use that size.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair