To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: The Straight Skinny
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 12:55:56 -0400

Leica publishes a book called THE HANDBOOK OF THE LEICA SYSTEM;  their order
numbers are 920313 (English), 920312 (German), and 920314 (French).  I don't
know whether there is a charge for this or not.  My copy is dated last
September.

This book is a successor to the old General Catalogue.  It is several
hundred pages long and covers all Leica products currently available and
slews of information on older items -- including nifty stuff like the
correct lens hoods, filter sizes, and the like.  It also sets out the
standard Leica warnings about the use of M lenses on the CL, collapsible
lenses on the M5, and so forth -- and still includes the thread-mount camera
flash tables!

It's a sound reference and a good book for a Leicaphile to have.

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!