To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #149
From: Michael Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 13:13:49 -0400

Michael Reichmann wrote:

> At 12:01 AM 05/08/96 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >From: Afterswift@aol.com
> >Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 08:15:38 -0400
> >Subject: Exakta
> >
> >Back in the 60s my first reflex was an East German SLR called the
> Exakta...... <snip>
> >
> >Bob Rosen
>
> Unlike Mr. Beamon, I enjoyed your thoughts on Exakta cameras.  I owned one
> briefly back in the early '60s.  I also find that musings on the industry,
> camera types, personal experiences etc, all contribute to my enjoyment and
> appreciation of photography.  Yes, this IS the Leica list, but lets not be
> so parochial as to exclude other topics of discourse.
>
> Mr. Beamon may have decided to stick his fingers in his ears, but I welcome
> your continued contribution.
>
> MichaelIf one reads Mr. Beamon's comments carefully, he makes specific
reference to a group where "general musings on the industry,"  etc,
etc.would be appropriate and welcome.  It would be nice to keep
discussions here relevant to Leica.  There is enough trivia to wade
through as it is.
On another note is there anybody out there who is using reasonably
current R or M models for photojournalism or other serious photographic
endeavors?  I would be interested in trading ideas or comparing notes
with someone along those lines.  Mike G.