To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Exakta
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 1996 16:46:05 -0600

Gerard,

My first SLR was an Exakta with a 58mm Biotar (jena) lens. It was not a good
camera by the standards of the 60s. I had a lot of trouble with the shutter
mechanism. Also, the construction was strictly sheet metal, as far as I can
recall.

Finally, I gave my camera to a friend from Poland who had it serviced there
and is still using it.

Chris