To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 1/2 frame camera???
From: Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 23:49:30 -0500

Bill wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Did Leica ever make a "production model" half frame camera??
>
> Regards,
> Bill Erfurth
> Evergreen, CO  US

Bill:

If memory serves me correctly, there was a 72 exposure Leica (on 36 exp. roll) that I
remember seeing in some of the Leica literature in the 1950's and 1960's.

In fact, is was listed in some of the Leica manuals of that era.

Okay, you collectors---here's your chance to dig through your books, etc. I've learned
an awful lot about the Leica history in the past few months on this exchange.

Here, I've been operating on the principle that Leicas are just wonderful instruments
that mesh well with my ability to make photographs.

And, now I've really found the  "plus" side...there is a wonderful historical and
technical excellence involved here as well.

Thanks for the info...

and thanks for the question...for that matter, Bill.

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wis. USA