To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Why test (Re: MR4 meters)
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 18:28:47 -0600

Eric,

The answer is simple. I am an experimental scientist and work for what used
to be called the National Bureau of Standards. It is an essential part of my
nature to test hypotheses. Please stay tuned for my report. I am sure that
you will find it very interesting. Don't believe everything you read in
Shutterbug.

Incidentally, I plan to get a Wein cell and test it. Please stay tuned for
my report on the PX625 versus PX625U (alkaline). I was out all afternoon
taking data and will write up the results tonight.

Independent of the above, I really believe that all people seriously engaged
in a technical field, such as photography, should understand the
capabilities of their materials, tools, and environment. Intellectual
curiosity is simply axiomatic with me.

Best regards,

Chris

At 03:42 PM 8/3/96 -0700, you wrote:
>At 09:50 AM 9/24/96 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>Rather than arguing, I will perform an experiment and report the results to
>>the group this weekend.
>
>Why not just get the batteries that recently came out that replace mercury
>batteries? Shutterbug did an article on them, and Bob Shell, on Compuserve,
>vouched for them working well.

>Eric Welch
>Grants Pass Daily Courier
>NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair

C.M. Fortunko, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Materials Characterization (853.05)
Materials Science and Engineering Laboratory
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80303

Voice phone:(303)497-3062      FAX:(303)497-5030