To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Coatings on Early M Lenses
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 11:11:01 -0600

Marc,

Before running the camera department at Jones Drug and Camera, my friend was
the sales manager at Mike's Camera in Boulder. He really knows his Leicas
and photography too. Bob Adams, of Longmont, is a good friend of Benjamin's.
I think that this is enough of a recommendation. John van Stelten also
thinks very highly of him. Boulder is not New York and opportunities are
very limited.

My other friend is a dean of a university in Asia Minor. He did not work
directly on optical lenses, but spent approximately a year at Wetzlar
consulting on a new type of microscope. He and I have studied at Stanford in
the early 70s and have both worked on state-of the-art vacuum coating
machines while there.

Best regards,

Chris

Replies: Reply from Stephen Sherman <ssherman@shermanphoto.com> (Re: Coatings -who re-coats?)