To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Lock-tite (was Re: CL In Flight)
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 23:27:21 -0600

Be careful with lock-tite, and similar goops. Some of the stuff becomes
airborne and may contaminate the rest of the works.

Precision mechanisms should not rely on lock tite. When you buy a Leica, you
are paying for precision machining and polishing. Lock tite should not be
needed.

Chris

ps. this is a personal view.