To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leitz Universal 6x6 Projector
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 20:56:32 -0400

There are two versions:  the basic one and one mainly intended for MF work,
which has a somewhat longer carriage (known in the trade as the
'long-wheelbase model', not to get us started on automotive analogies
again!).  The only difference between the miniature and MF models is the
condensor assembly and the lens.

These are somewhat collectable but demand is quite low.  I was offered one
six months ago and asked to set my own price -- it had almost all the
lenses.  I offered $400;  the projector still hasn't sold and, per Dan
Black, $400 is probably the reasonable price for one.  I believe a similar
one is in the current Leica Catalog at $500.

Marc

Marc James Small  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Thalla, a Bhallagair!