To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Metz 45 ct4 flash problems
From: jbuf@ix.netcom.com (John Irvin Buford)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 10:01:51 -0700

You wrote:

>John,
>
>I've used a Metz CL1 for a few years now, with the Quantum Battery 2.
>The set-up should be much the same for the CT4 and the Turbo battery.
>
>As far as I know, you should not use a Quantum battery along with the
>AA pack still installed.  The CL1 adaptor for the Battery 2 plugs into

>the handle in place of the AA holder.
>
>The Quantum system is based on the fast recycling that comes from a
>"slight" increase in the voltage supplied to the flash and a large
>reserve in capacity from using a larger battery. Unfortunately, I have

>a feeling you may have fried the system by trying to use both
batteries
>at the same time.  I hope not.  Good luck.
>
>Al

Dear AL:
    I have the quantum turbo pack. The pack you are using is a nine
volt pack whereas the turbo is a 325 Volt pack.  It goes directly into
the high voltage circuitry of the flash.  The batteries are needed to
maintain the TTL stuff and the autoexposure.  the problem was that I
had the wrong cable I had the CM1 and I needed the CM4.  I am preety
sure I fried the low voltage circuitry of the flash but it works ok
with the Turbo and I will never use the AA's anyway becuase I never
liked using it that way.

John N3BVH