To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: G-1
From: dkhong@pacific.net.sg (D Khong)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 06:45:36 +0800

At 12:31 PM 7/26/96 -0700, you wrote:

>>It is also a camera containing sophisticated electronics which are in turn
>>dependent on batteries.  So no batteries, no pictures.
>
>True, enough. And, to add this, rumoured to be replaced by a G2 this
>Photkina. I doubt it, but maybe. It does have a few flaws that need to be
>rectified. Like slowness and noise.
>
>===================
>Eric Welch

I heard a lot of talk about the G2 too.  Apparently, the G1 is not up to
expectations.  Many who rushed into buying it when it was first launched
with great pomp & fanfare have developed after purchase regrets and sold
them soon after.  However, many Contax diehards are holding onto them and it
is claimed that the Hologon lens itself is good enough reason to hang onto
the G1.

Pity Leica does not presently produce something equivalent to the Contax
Hologon.

Dan Khong