To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The Leica Forte
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 23:05:39 PST

** Reply to note from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> 07/23/96
3:07pm -0400
> Wow, folks!  There's NOTHING self-serving in this statement, is there!

I know Dave Metz and Chuck Westfall. And I argued 'til I was blue in the
face that the Leica 280 2.8 was better than their 300 2.8. But I found out
they were right. It's a tad better than the Leica according to every test
I've ever heard of that compares the two. And only the Zeiss Tele Apo
Tessar 300 2.8 edges out the Canon as the best. After than argument, I'll
give them the benefit of the doubt. Canon, from what I've seen makes the
best lenses in Japan. For example, the tilt-shift lenses are amazingly
good. At first when I saw some pictures taken with the 90 2.8 t/s lens, I
though it had to be Leica.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR