To: owner-leica-users <owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: 90mm Tele-Elmarit lubrication trouble
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 13:58:00 PDT
Encoding: 34 TEXT

My T-E has been lying around in all sorts of warm weather for 7 or 8 years
now, and nary a sign of whale oil; what did he try and sell you instead?

ThomasP@nacm.com
 ----------
From: owner-leica-users
To: leica-users
Date: Tuesday, July 23, 1996 12:05PM

When I read the original post, I went and checked all my old M lenes,
including a Tele-Elmarit and found no such problems. Am I just lucky?

kw

>I have several older lenses, but not the Tele-Elmarit. They do not show
>signs of internal coating. I have found some grease on the outer surfaces
on
>some of the lenses when I bought them. However, this was easily cleaned
off.

>I find this conversation most amazing. I wonder if others can shed some
>light on this important subject.
>
>Chris

 ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>