To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The Leica Forte
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:07:06 -0400

At 09:02 AM 7/23/96 -0700, Eric Welch wrote:

>According to Chuck Westfall and Dave Metz at Canon, the Canon is optically
>better than the Noctilux.

Wow, folks!  There's NOTHING self-serving in this statement, is there!  Just
ask a Chevy dealer whether HIS cars are better than Ford's or Chrysler's!
Every manufacturer tells nothing but the UNVARNISHED TRUTH about their products!

I've seen and handled both f/1.0 lenses.  The Canon is a humongous monster,
so heavy that it defeats the very purpose of such a fast lens, as I doubt if
most of us could hand-hold it with the weight of the Canon EF bodies at much
below 1/125".

I'll stick with a Summilux but, I suspect, the Noctilux is a much more
user-friendly lens.  But, then, I know several pros shooting with the
Noctilux, but none of the Canon folks I know use their f/1.0 lens.

Marc

Marc James Small  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Thalla, a Bhallagair!