To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leitz Canadian Plant
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 21:59:19 -0700

At 11:51 PM 7/22/96 +0000, you wrote:

>I do not know, wether Leitz is still keeping up their Canadian
>production facilities, but no doubt some other members of the list
>will know this.

No, they don't own it any more. The factory in Midland, Ontario, is still
there, and still building Panavision lenses and satellite lenses for the
U.S. intelligence community, and I believe they still build parts for Leica,
but manufacturing on a higher level was moved to Germany.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.