To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The Leica Forte
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 21:59:18 -0700

At 04:58 PM 7/22/96 -0400, you wrote:

>The SLR version of the Leica M series is the Nikon FM. A Leica similar to the
>FM should have been the foundation model for Leica's reflex line. Now Nikon
>has perfected the manual FM to the point where it has no competitors of equal
>stature.

I fail to see one single advantage the FM has over the R6.2, except price
and 1/250 flash syn. Other than that, it's a ho-hum camera. This attitude
that manual is somehow better than automatic in an SLR is highly overrated,
in my opinion. In the M6 it's great. I don't want to see it get any bigger.
But SLRs are big anyway, so automation only improves them.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.