To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Baseline length in M cameras. Was RE: 90 mm Leica lenses.
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 12:52:13 -0700 (MST)

>It doesn't. Accuracy of the rangefinder is based on the baseline of the
>viewfinder, and as far as I know, they are all the same in the M line. The
>CL and CLE are shorter, which is why they don't work as well with the Noctilux.

No, Eric, the baseline in the M3 is significantly longer than that in the
M6. I don't have the figures right at hand, but if no one else does, I'll
dig them up later this evening, and cite them for you. Even the M6J, in its
attempt to emulate the M3, had to decrease the rangefinder baseline length a
little compared to the M3, but it's still longer than the M6.
     --
     Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                               Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum