To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Japs, Brits, Yanks, Krauts, Les Bosch, Jerry, Ruski's,etc.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@magick.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 00:39:32 -0700

At 07:10 PM 7/16/96 -0700, you wrote:

>        It strikes me as particularly provincial and American to be so PC.
>All this talk about not using names to describe people of a different race

I didn't mean that it was an intentional use of a slur, but here in the U.S.
it is a slur. And if there were slurs in England that aren't here, I woud
refrain from using them, becaues this is an international list.

I used the word bugger when I lived in Canada, 'til someone told me what it
meant up there. Never used it again.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

(D)inner not ready:  (A)bort (R)etry (P)izza.