To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica's USA price list
From: photo-op@ix.netcom.com (Bill)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 11:44:48 -0700

>(1) much of the price increases in the US market in the past few years

>are in part due to the sliding value of the US dollar against the
>German D-mark
<<snip>>

Hi John,

I have often wondered why the prices of 'imported' up-scale (expensive)
products such as cameras DO NOT reflect the exchange rate of the dollar
to the (for example) Dmark.

The dollar is now very strong against the Dmark, but the price of new
Leica equipment has not changed.  With the strong dollar, the price of
a new Leica whatever should have gone down.

Regards,
Bill Erfurth
Evergreen, CO  US

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <Cameras@ix.netcom.com> (Re: Leica's USA price list or: The King Farted Commemorative M6)