To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: New 80-200-R...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 09:01:26 -0700

At 08:27 AM 7/13/96 EDT, you wrote:

>I always welcome better sharpness, I go out of my way for it...on the other
>hand, I feel I'm giving up too much of what works for me -- light weight and
>speed of use.   Right now I'm not running out to sell the 70-210 to make room
>for new glass.  Anyone want to talk me into the new zoom?

If, and I repeat if, this lens is a Contax in Leica clothing, it will be
worth the extra weight. Comparing the 135 Elmarbrick, er, Elmarit, that
sucker is HEAVY! Heavier than the 180s (except the old Elmarit), or is that
Elmar One BIG element right in the middle and optical glass is much heavier
than regular glass. Everyone I know who has used the Contax 80-200 f/4 raves
about it. It's supposed to be a superb lens. So go for it!

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

Canadian DOS prompt: EH?\>