To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Film choice: Durability... -Reply -Reply
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 15:48:41 -0700

At 09:13 AM 7/6/96 -0700, you wrote:

>The fact remains, however, that I'd rather have a very good
>"second generation" dupe of an image rather than have it lost
>forever.  I am now in the process of duping my valuable slides

For sure, or even better, the other way around. Lost the dupe, keep the
original. I've had some very good dupes done by a pro lab in Kansas City
that has clients in New York they're so good. I can tell the difference, but
I wouldn't hesitate to use them for anything except maybe making a very
large print, or high quality repro in a top magazine. Though I've only had
two assignments like that in my career so far.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier