To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #115
From: colm@irlw1c01.ck.cit.alcatel.fr (Colm Ryan)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 96 10:08:38 BST

|On a recent flight on a 747 I was sitting in the cockpit as we crossed the
|Grand Canyon and took a few pics, but even the co-pilot's window left a lot
|to be desired in clarity.  For some reason, they didn't want to open one up
|so I could get a clearer shot.
|
|Michael

There's a way around this. Most airliners have some sort of door in the
passenger section that you can "pop" out with the aid of the large
handle on it marked "FOR EMERGENGY USE ONLY". When opened, this gives
a very good view of the ground (the pilots' window isn't great because
it overlooks the nose cone). The air hostess will try to stop you from
doing this, however, so make sure there aren't any around when you pull
the handle. (Be sure to have the camera strap around your neck).

Colm Ryan