To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Colorplan
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 16:23:15 -0500

At 03:00 PM 7/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a Prodovit S AF projector. The lens is a 90mm Colorplan. It does not
>specify on the front ring if it is a curved field or flat field lens.
>
>Does anyone know which it is if it is unspecified?
>
>kw
>
>----
>Ken Wilcox                                Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
>Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
>600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423
><kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>

Ken,

I have a 90 mm Colorplan curved field and it specifies CF on the lens.
Without the CF I believe it is a flat field lens.  I haven't seen FF on
their lenses or in the advertising.  Item 37512 is listed as a colorplan-p 2
2.5/90mm and item 37513 is listed as Colorplan-p 2 CF 2.5/90mm.  I think
your lens is a flat field lens.  If you have a badly curved slide or a glass
mounted one, you should be able to see a difference. Problem is that a CF
lens will not always project a cardboard mounted lens sharp, but it should
be apparant with a FF lens.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK