To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re:
From: Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 13:09:11 -0500

Stephen Kobrin wrote:

> I would like to buy a 35mm lens (with "eyes") for my M3 and find a
> considerable price difference between the Summaron and Summicron versions.
> As I am not terribly concerned about lens speed, a 3.5F would do just fine
> and 3.5 Summarons are available and reasonable.  I rarely enlarge over 8x10
> and shoot both B&W and color.  Does anyone have experience with both lenses?
> What do you get for paying between 60 and 100% more for the Summicron??
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Steve

Steve:

The biggest difference that you are paying for is: LENS SPEED. As far as
image quality is concerned, sharpness, color correction, etc., you will
notice little if any difference.

For the record, I still have a 35mm f3.5 Elmar, that I use on "m"
cameras with an old Leitz adapter...

STILL a wonderful piece of glass!!!