To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Looking for Leica service recommendations
From: chmilar@netcom.com (Michael Chmilar)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:15:12 -0700

I have an M3 that needs some service. It was checked (many years ago),
and the upper-range shutter speeds are out of calibration, ie.

    1/1000 = 1/1750
     1/500 = 1/750
     1/250 = 1/325

The flash sync (1/50) is off as well (black stripe at side of pictures).
I've been compensating for the incorrect shutter speeds, but I figure
it's about time to get the camera fixed.

It is probably in need of a cleaning and general tune-up, as well.

I am looking for recommendations on how to get this camera serviced.
Who should I take (or send) it to (I live in Los Angeles, California)?

Also, if anyone has an estimate on how much this service should cost, I
would appreciate your knowledge.

thanks in advance,
Mike

Michael Chmilar