To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users-digest@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: re: M6 Competition
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 96 23:11:08 -0700

There was a photo swap meet today up at the San Mateo Expo Center. I
headed up there around 9am and did a concerted wander. Lots of neat toys,
it was fun.

With the discussions recently about the Mamiya 6 and 7, I thought it
would be fun to look at a couple. Well, I found several. Very nice
cameras but WAY too bulky for me to consider a serious alternative
to my Leica M. I also saw a nice Fujica 645 folder and even that's
too large.

No, I guess I'm just happy with 35mm. :)

There were a couple of very clean Leica CLs, in kits with 40 and 90
lenses. I was quite tempted, it's a very compact camera. But I refrained
and just enjoyed browsing. I picked up the one thing which I needed
(another bulk film loader for $5) and bought a Polaroid SX-70 for $40.
Hey, it's a dumb camera but it's occasionally useful.

Did a little street shooting with the M down in Santa Cruz last night,
I'm eager to see what I did now.

Godfrey
Replied: Forwarded 24 Jun 96 07:49