To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Polarizing filters
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 07:57:24 -0700

>I would also add that if the metering is separate from the taking system
>one cannot use filters with ease.  I believe filters, especially a
>polarizing filter, are mandatory for landscape photography.

I rarely use filters other than a Skylight 1A for color work; I find
that polarizers lend a somewhat surreal look to the color in the image
that is hard to predict and often unnatural.

I almost always use an orange filter with B&W film for daylight shooting.
Give a tonal seperation for most average subjects which is what my eyes
are expecting. I adjust the film speed on my meter to compensate for the
filter factor. Why can't you do this for a camera with a built in but
seperate meter lens?

Godfrey