To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M2 & 50 lens
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 07:03:46 -0400

A 1960 Summicron is likely the so called "ridgid chrome" summicron. This
lens is considered by many (myself included), along with the DR Summicron
to be the best 50mm lens ever made. If you buy it, be sure to compare it to
your present one before you sell.

As far as price goes, I bought the same outfit here in the US about a year
and a half ago (Ex++ condition) for what I considered a bargain price of
$1150.

kw

>I've been offered an M2, with self timer (1960) with a 50 Summicron (also
>1960) both lens and M2 are in excellent order, and recently serviced ....
>the asking price is about US$ 1,900 to 1,950 on latest exchange rates.
>
>1. Any comments on the price, remembering Leica's are more expensive in
>Australia than USA
>
>2. Your comments on the lens would be welcome. I already have a current
>Summicron so it's not really "needed"
>
>perhaps I could sell the lens ... what price should I ask for ?
>

>Best wishes
>
>George Moore, Sydney Australia
>
>gmoore@magna.com.au

----