To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M4-2 winders
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 03:29:55 +0100

John Irvin Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com> writes
>the M4-2 winder.  But, I have heard terrible things about these
>winders.  I wanted to know other LUG opinions about these winders and
>if there were certain versions that were better.
>Thank-you in advance for your opinions.

This is what I use on my M6 at home (I take it off when I'm going out
with the camera so that the camera and lens goes into a jacket pocket).
When I bought it I was told they had an earlier one there as well, but I
wouldn't like it as it didn't dampen the noise or the shock at all, and
I would really hear and feel it. I got the later one, and it's been
fine; not as quiet as manual winding obviously, but not like SLR winders
at all- a much softer, nicer noise. It makes the M6 a very zippy and
fast-responding camera indeed. I like it a lot. Mine is Canadian, no
14227.
--
joe b.