To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #95
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:08:00 -0700

     It's a ton of money, but Stan is a savvy enough businessman that I
don't think he shelled out that much without a good idea that he'd be able
to turn around and sell it to someone else for even more, and probably
within a pretty short time. Contrast that to the Jackie O auction (which
someone else brought up) --- a lot of that bidding was driven by
sentimentality ("Own a piece of Camelot!"), and there are probably a lot of
buyers who are already asking themselves what it was that compelled them to
shell out $75,000 for Jackie's Beamer, or JFK's humidor, or a lot of the
other weird gimcracks that went on the block.

Just be glad Bill Gates doesn't collect Leicas!

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.