To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R and M Series Lens Numbers
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 96 17:42 PDT

At 07:01 PM 13/06/96 -0500, you wrote:
>If anyone wants to earn my undying gratitude, they will post a list of the
>R and M lens numbers year-by-year since 1978 (this is where my books stop).
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Chuck

Year    from:           to:
---------------------------------
1979    2 967 201       3 013 600
1980    3 013 601       3 087 000
1981    3 087 001       3 160 500
1982    3 160 501       3 249 100
1983    3 249 101       3 249 900
1984    3 249 901       3 346 200
1985    3 346 201       3 383 200
1986    3 383 201       3 422 890
1987    3 422 891       3 455 870
1988    3 455 871

Chuck: The above will add 10 years to your data.  Sorry, I don't have any
later info, nor do I have any breakdown of which are R or M lenses.

I suspect that this will only earn your dying gratitude!  Still, every bit
helps!
David Young: youngs@IslandNet.com