To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6, Viso, and close-ups
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 20:03:46 -0400

Marc:

Are sure about the old Summicron. I do a lot of work with Viso and Bellows
and I can see no way the 50 could allow infinity focus. The heads of these
lenses can be removed and mounted on the bellows, but the fitting and
length of these two are the same. (I don't currently have a rigid chrome
but used one for a while) The dual range head can also not focus to
infinity.

If I am mistaken about this I would be interested in arrangement of pieces
that allow infinity focus. I can always use another shooting method.

Cheers!

kw

>The FIRST (chrome) rigid Summicron 50 can be adapted to the Viso or to the
>Bellows and allows infinity focus;  the same goes for the FIRST (BIG)
>version of the 2/90.  The second (black) 50mm Summicron and later lenses and
>the second version of the 2/90 cannot be so adapted.

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423
<kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>