To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Info on old Leica
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:31:41 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <beamon@mailhost.primenet.com>

> I am looking for information on an old Leica 35mm rangefinder
> camera I have.  I believe it is one of the III series from the
> 1930's vintage but I am looking for the exact model and a more
> precise manufacture date.  Also I am curious as to the
> approximate value of it.
>
> Serial # 199,845
> F/3.5 Elmar lens

It's a IIIa manufactured in 1936. No one can appraise it w/o seeing
it. You have to provide much more detailed info before someone can
even give you a range of values. There are collectors on here that,
when provided with details on where it differs from new in both
appearance and function, can at least give you a range of value
subject to inspection.
--
Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                          Docent, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum