To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: CL-lenses
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 23:40:41 +0200 (MET DST)

At 12.31 1996-06-10 EDT, Gary Stahl wrote about Leica CL/CL-lenses.

Gary, basically I agree with everything you say. BUT, my experience is that
the CL is harder to focus in dim light than any M-camera. As a matter of
fact, that was the reason why I traded my new CL for a M4 in 1974. Since
then, I have examined many used CL:s in camera shops, and some of them have
been almost impossible to focus. I have never found this trouble on any M
camera, not even old M3:s from 1955. So, I suspect there is an important
difference in construction here, aside from the shorter based rangefinder.

>Basically I concluded that my M-4 came focus my CL lenses as accuratey as the
>CL can and that the CL can focuss them as accurately as it needs to, given
>their focal length and aperture.

I will not argue aginst your findings, but here is what the 1989 Leica