To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica R 90mm: Elmarit or Summicron?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 1996 19:39:24 -0700

At 09:40 AM 6/8/96 -0700, you wrote:

>that can do this (no $$$s) but my nikon micros I love. Veiwers seem to
>find the results very revealing, but my father hated his portrait, said it
>was the first time he thought he looked old.

Hey, I've used the 55 Micro, great lens. My response to older people who
worry about their wrinkles is..."What's so wrong about being old?" I know
that doesn't always work, but unless we're portraitists, then how we do
portraits should only please us, not necessarily anyone else, but that's
another payoff that's sweet when it happens.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier

Replies: Reply from Wolfgang Sachse <sachse@msc.cornell.edu> (Re: People w/ Character |was..Leica R 90mm)