To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The "Eveready" case
From: idawson@anbg.gov.au (Iain Dawson)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 96 09:28:22 EST

A case can be made for the "Eveready"  (pardon the pun).  I often use just
the bottom half of an old M3 case on my M6 as I find it improves the grip and
protects the camera from minor knocks, especially if you ahve more than one
camera around your neck.  Doing this slows down film changing but does not
interfere with tripod use as the attachment screw for the case is also
threaded for a tripod screw.  Using the whole case is handy for protecting
the camera inside a briefcase or backpack when travelling ligh
t. Another use for this old and very well worn M3 case is to disguise the
valuable piece of equipment inside.  However, I wouldn't bother paying a
fortune for a new or near new ER case - stick to the trashy ones like mine.
I think it cost me A$5 at a flea market.

Iain Dawson