To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #86
From: "Paul T.Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 15:35:47 -0400

------------------------------

> From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
> Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 22:00:29 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: Michael Reichmann beating a dead horse
>
> Reichmann:
>
> > Surprisingly, yours was one of the few responses that directly addressed my
> > query.  The vast majority of messages under this header have related to Mr.
> > Ward's reply and the ensuing heated exchanges.
> >
> > After my initial response to Mr. Ward, in which I indicated that I didn't
> > take his comments personally, but nevertheless took exception to them, I
> > have remained quiet, hoping that we could return to the subject of Leicas
> > and Leica based photography.  Regretably there still appears to be some
> > steam to be let off.
>
> Unless Fred Ward is still corresponding directly with you on this subject,
> I see no need to continue this debacle any longer.  If his msgs to you are
> private, so should responses like this be in respect.  Otherwise, you are
> nothing but a flame-throwing, whining sh*t-stirrer and don't belong on
> this forum anymore.
>
> I won't even honor your snipping, whining weasel comments by cutting any
> of them in here.  Grow up!
>
> Back to Leica cameras and nothing else from you or get the hell out of
> Dodge, boy!
>
> Tom Hodge

Tom:

Who are you to address Michael Reichmann in such condescending voice?  I particularly
enjoyed his two posts in response to the silly post by Fred Ward condemning those who
debate the merits of Aspherical and APO lenses.  If one didn't believe that Leica
equipment and particularly the APO lenses were "world class" then we should ridicule
Leica for having the gall produce such expensive mediocrity.  The desire to own the best
may fit with one's personal striving to be the best!!

I don't appreciate you telling anyone to leave this user group!  Maybe YOU need to find
a different forum.

Paul T. Collura