To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: lens R?
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 10:38:51 -0400

The R on your lens is the infrared focusing index. When using infrared
film, you focus normally and them turnthe lens focus untill the point which
was lined up with the normal focus index is lined up with the R.

Don't use this with infrared ectachrome or (I've heard) with Konica
infrared black and white. Both of these films are more sensitive to visible
light than "true" infrared and use the normal focus index.

Cheers!

kw

>Hello,
>
>in my lens 50mm f1:3.5 (elmar) there is a "R" in 5.6f . Could anyone say
>what is it ( i have a leica if without manual ) ?
>
>Please, i'm novice in this list than if my questions is out of range of
>this place , say to me ( I read some mails about it , wrong itens ).
>
>Thanks ,  Marcio

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423