To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: minilux?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 19:51:29 -0400 (EDT)
Date-Warning: Date header was inserted by InfoAve.Net

Dear Reinhard:  I had an experience with the Leica Minilux, but it was not
good! I took the minilux along on a trip to the Mosquito Coast of Honduras
last summer.  I planned to use my Leica-M's for black and white and my
minilux for record-type slides. The Leica-M's worked perfectly, but the
humidity got to the minilux and it completely quit working! I sent it back
to Leica still under warranty (it was only two months old!), but they
claimed it had water damage and refused to honor the warranty. It would have
cost as much to repair as I paid for it! Now I have a very expensive
paperweight. This year I am taking an Olympus Stylus which is waterproof as
my extra camera! I hope you have better luck if you decide to get one - just
don't take it somewhere with high humidity! Tina

At 09:51 PM 6/4/96 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm new here, and I hope, I'm not off topic and I do not ask questions,
>that are often discussed here in the last weeks.
>
>Is there anyone here, especially under former and present Leica-M-users,
>who has made experiences with the Leica minilux?
>
>Please let me hear!
>
>Reinhard

Images by Tina Manley
images@infoave.net