To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Per Volledal and Adorama lenses
From: gang@mtdcr.mt.att.com
Date: Mon, 27 May 96 18:10:35 EDT

Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com> wrote:
>Certainly other manufacturers are very capable. I buy my Leica for
>the Leica optics, however, and don't really see the need for fitting
>other manufacturer's optics....

True for the pros and the affluent. The rest of us often have to
compromise our hobby for our family expenses, especially the hobby does
not generate income and not tax deductable. If I only use a certain focal
length occasionally, I would be happy to use a non-Leica for those
occasions and Leicas for the rest if doing so saves $$$. This is the
reason I use 135mm Canon on my M4.

>Sorta like if the MacOS could be used on some other people's hardware.
>Now that's being done too.

No, not on my SGI, UNIX only, please :-)

gang huang
gang@mtdcr.att.com