To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Lens cap for the M Summicron 35?
From: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov (C.M. Fortunko)
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 10:12:47 -0600

Friends,

I have an older round hood, which claims to fit the 35 and 50mm lenses.
However, this hood will not fit on my 35mm lens backwards, because it
interferes with the focusing tab. It fits the 50mm fine, but looks out of place.

May be Leica would design a trap-door cap for their rectangular 35mm hoods.
I believe that the wider-angle lenses may have such caps.

Pax et Lux,

Chris Fortunko

>At 10:14 PM 5/26/96 eet, you wrote:
>
>>I'm considering one particular 35/2, but it's without the cap...
>>Do you M 35/2 -users use the hood and/or cap? Is there any
>>difficulties with it?
>
>Actually, I've got the rectangular hood, and I'm looking for someone to
>trade for the round hood. My lens is old enough to need the round hood. And
>I'm not going to upgrade until I get the Aspheric.

>Eric Welch
>Grants Pass Daily Courier

Pax et Lux,

Chris Fortunko, Boulder, CO