To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Lighter tripods (and very light tripods)
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall)
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 11:22:45 -0700

Gitzo Killer-Brute tripod with 5" solid granite ball head" will not be
considered helpful! Any opinions?
- --
joe b.

------------------

Joe,

I have one of those things, however I'm also 6'3 and 220. I also find I
most often use it for a heavy Nikon. I usually use a lightweight
aluminum monopod purchased well over twenty years ago (1972?) for a
light Rollei SLR. It works just as well with the M6 and I always have
it with the camera. I guess I'm not dedicated, but the "Killer-Brute"
isn't always the best option for me and it often sits unused.

Glenn

gthrall@ix.netcom.com

Replies: Reply from Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org> (Re: Lighter tripods (and very light tripods))