To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Lighter tripods (and very light tripods)
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 01:45:18 -0400

I do not trust the Vivitars and the like. My favorite tripod is the Gitzo 226
with a Leitz medium ball. It may be a bit heavier than some of the tripods
built for VCRs, but it is reliable and can be put in my briefcase, if need
be. I don't like the fact that the center post has to be extended in order to
be level with my left eye. I am six three. However, my Tiltall is really
heavy compared to the Gitzo. I don't think that Gitzo's smaller than the 226
will do.

Chris